How To Make Lip Balm: An Invite For Fun And Productivity
Lip balm is the perfect product to create a DIY-it. Lip balm itself is a great product that can be bought in stores, but it’s also an easy project to make at home. This article breaks down all the steps to learning how to make this simple yet effective beauty creation!
What is Lip Balm?
Lip balm is a moisturizing lotion that is made to keep lips soft and healthy. Lip balm can also help protect against the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
Making lip balm is a fun and simple process. You’ll need some basic ingredients, and you can make your own or buy premade formulas. Here are the steps:
1) Choose your base ingredients. Lip balm typically contains beeswax, petroleum jelly, and other oils.
2) Add essential oils and flavorings. Some popular flavors include mint, chocolate, and strawberry.
3) Mix the ingredients together until you have a smooth consistency. If you want a thicker balm, add more oil; if you want a thinner balm, add more beeswax or water.
4) Store lip balm in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
Why Make Your Own?
Making your own lip balm is a fun and productive way to save money while making something you love. Lip balm is a great way to keep your lips hydrated and protected from the elements. You can customize your lip balm to make it unique and personalize it to fit your own style. Here are five reasons you should make your own lip balm:
1. You Can Control The Ingredients: When you make your own lip balm, you have control over the ingredients. You can choose ingredients that are safe for your skin and free of harmful chemicals. This gives you the opportunity to create a lip balm that is specifically tailored to your needs.
2. You Can Customize The Texture: If you want a softer or harder lip balm, you can customize the texture using different ingredients. Some ingredients, like beeswax, will give your lip balm a waxier texture while other ingredients, like cocoa butter, will give it a more creamy texture.
3. You Can Save Money: Making your own lip balm can save you money in two ways. First, you can save money by choosing ingredients that are cheaper than store-bought lip balms. Second, making your own lip balm can save you money because you no longer have to buy the pre-made balms. By being your own business and owning your own product, you will also enjoy the benefits of being a small business owner.
4. You Can Sell Your Product: If you have an idea for a beauty product but don’t have the financial resources to develop it into a viable business, making lip balm is one way that you can make money while expanding your horizons. There is no market research required because customers will buy whatever kind of lip balm they want! The product may not be exactly what you had in mind when creating it, but it’s better than nothing!
5. It Makes You More Entrepreneurial: Running your own business is a big responsibility, especially if you have never done it before. But learning how to run a business will teach you many valuable life lessons.
6. You Have Financial Freedom: The only place you need to worry about buying products or ingredients is at the grocery store, and that’s where you spend the most money anyway! Even if you don’t make much money at first, by creating this product yourself you’re guaranteed financial freedom.
7. You Can Customize Your Product: Some people like to create quick and simple lip balms with one color and one scent, while others prefer to get creative and create unique blends of essential oils, menthol crystals, flavor oils , and even spices! You can have it your way!
8. It’s a Hobby: If you don’t have time to make something else, then make time to make this product! You can give yourself a hobby that doesn’t require constant attention or investment.
9. It’s a Side Project: If you work full time at a job, you should consider making this product as a side project. In fact, I highly recommend doing so if you’ve got the skills and inspiration necessary to create something unique like this.
10. It Can Be Made With Minimal Tech: Because of all the different types of products one can create with essential oils, it’s possible to make flameless candles with only three ingredients (two if you don’t want to do any distillation). This makes it a lot easier to create, and you’ll have no excuse for not doing so.
How to Choose a Recipe
When it comes to making lip balm, there are a lot of recipes to choose from! In this blog post, we will be discussing how to choose a recipe. First, you will need to decide what your goal is for the lip balm. Are you looking for something that is moisturizing and long-lasting? Or do you want to make something that is more fun and whimsical? Once you have decided your goal, look at the ingredients list. Do you need essential oils? Beeswax? Palm oil? These are all ingredients that will affect the final product. Next, think about your lifestyle. Do you always have balm on hand? Or do you want something that is easier to make than a full lip balm kit? Once you have decided on your recipe and ingredients, it is time to get started! Below are some tips on getting started:
-Start by boiling some water and adding the beeswax and palm oil. Let this cool slightly before adding the essential oils.
-Next, mix together the ingredients until they are fully combined. Be sure to use a spoon or an ice cream scoop because the mixture will be thick.
-Pour the mixture into small containers or tubes and seal them with a hot glue gun or super glue. You may need to press the containers down a few times during this step.-After the mixture has cooled, cut out small squares with scissors or a serrated knife. Be sure to leave about an inch of space around the edges so that you do not loose your product when you are cutting them.-Finally, ship the products and enjoy!4.0 from 2 reviews Save Print Easy DIY Beeswax LipBalm Recipe Author: The Tanya Network Ingredients 1 cup Beeswax*
1/2 cup Palm oil**
2 tablespoons Shea butter***
5 drops Lavender essential oil
5 drops Peppermint essential oil Instructions Step One Boil some water and add
What You Need For Three Recipes
Lip balm is a great way to keep your lips moisturized and looking healthy. It’s also a fun project that can be done with friends or family. Here are three recipes to get you started:
Classic Lip BalmThis recipe is the most popular and it’s easy to make. You will need beeswax, sweet almond oil, and shea butter. First, melt the beeswax and sweet almond oil together in a double boiler. Then add the shea butter and stir until combined. Finally, pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers.
Chocolate Lip Balm
This recipe is a little more complicated than the classic lip balm, but it’s worth it for the chocolate flavor. You will need cocoa powder, coconut oil, and shea butter. first, mix together the cocoa powder and coconut oil in a bowl. Then add the shea butter and stir until combined. Finally, pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers.
Peppermint Lip Balm
This recipe is perfect for wintertime! You will need peppermint essential oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, and shea butter . First, add the beeswax and then the jojoba oil to a saucepan. Heat over low heat until melted and combined. Then add the peppermint essential oil and stir. Lastly, pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers.Lavender Lip BalmThis lavender lip balm is perfect for allergy season! You will need beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter. first, mix together the beeswax and coconut oil in a bowl. Then roll them into small balls/chunks with your hands until they are mostly combined but still not completely mixed. Finally, pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers.
Ingredients and Tools
– beeswax (natural or castor)
– wax balm (solid or liquid)
– essential oil*
– food coloring*
– double boiler (or heatproof bowl and pan set over a pot of simmering water)
1. Melt the beeswax and wax balm together in the double boiler or bowl and let cool slightly. Add the essential oil and food coloring, mixing well to combine.
2. Using a spatula, divide the mixture into small pieces and store in an airtight container. Use as needed! *Note: we use orris root essential oil in this recipe. You can find orris root essential oil here.
How to Make a Lavender & Honey Lip Balm 3 of 5 (84 votes) 1 2 3 4 5 4 +4 rating by cherry on Apr 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM 128 views
Ingredients and Tools. Ingredients:- beeswax (natural or castor)- honey*- lavender essential oil*- peppermint essential oil*This recipe is suitable for all skin types.- 1/3 cup of each ingredient, divided.*Tools:- double boiler (or heatproof bowl and pan set over a pot of simmering water)- spatulaSteps:
1. Melt the beeswax and honey together in a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir in the essential oils.
2. Spoon into lip balm tins or containers (we use glass containers with lids) and let harden.
3. Place in your cosmetic bag and you are ready to go! Use as needed!Don’t forget to check out our other recipes for beauty products, such as: Vanilla Scrub, Rose Jam Body Butter, Orange & Honey Hand Cream, Herbal Mint Toner Water, Peppermint Body Wash & Sugar Scrub
How Do I Collect my Ingredients?
To make lip balm, start by gathering all of your ingredients. You’ll need beeswax, petroleum jelly, coconut oil, and flavor (optional). Here’s what you do: Add 1/2 cup of beeswax to a double boiler or heat-safe bowl set over medium heat. stirring constantly, let the wax melt until it becomes a liquid consistency. Once melted, add 2 teaspoons of petroleum jelly and continue stirring until combined. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before using it to make your lip balm. To make the lip balm more moisturizing, add a tablespoon of coconut oil after you’ve added the petroleum jelly. Pour the mixture into a small jar or container and label it with the name of the product and the ingredients. Enjoy!