How To Make Coconut Barfi At Home
Coconut barfi is a popular Indian sweet as well as a dessert you can enjoy in other parts of the world. This dessert is made with rich and creamy coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, and sugar. Making it could be too time-consuming for some people who are busy with work or school, but this recipe will help you make it easily! BAKE THIS RECIPE:
Bake the Barfi in an oven-safe dish. This dish is usually rectangular, but you can also use a round dish. Do not grease the dish! Instead, line it with parchment paper so that it won’t stick. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F degrees and then let cool before serving. For best results, allow this dessert to chill for about 3 hours before serving.
NOTE: Desserts are always best when chilled, especially those made with coconut milk. If you don’t have time to chill your barfi and serve it right away, refrigerate it overnight on a baking sheet covered with wax paper to prevent sticking or freezing it until ready to eat. You can also make this dessert in a blender or food processor if you prefer not to bother with the stove. If you make this recipe in a blender, use 2 cups of low-fat milk instead of 1 cup of heavy cream and don’t add the full amount of sugar (like 1/2 cup). But if you have time, let it sit on the counter for an hour or so before serving.
What is Coconut Barfi?
Coconut barfi is a type of Indian sweets which is made from shredded coconut and sugar. It is often served chilled or at room temperature. In Tamil, it is known as Nenpi pudina. It is found in South Indian states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu .
How to make Coconut Barfi?. The process of making coconut barfi is very simple. All you need are shredded coconut, sugar and cardamom. For each serving, one cup of shredded coconut will be used for making the barfi. One cup of sugar is also added to the soaked shredded coconut and mixed well so that it melts in liquid form into a soft dough. This dough will be pressed with the help of a greased slab or a tin pan or made into balls or some bars by pressing them between your palms evenly before they are chilled and then rolled into thin rectangular stiff barfi.
This step is very important for the final result of making coconut barfi. At this point, chilled coconut barfi will be cut as desired and then it is ready to serve. For serving you can keep them in individual bowls or plates and garnish with cardamom powder or nuts or sprinkle some slivered almonds on the top. Enjoy!! Let me know how they turned out!! 🙂
How to Make Coconut Barfi
If you’re a fan of coconut-flavored treats, you’ll love this easy Coconut Barfi recipe! All you need is some sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, and some pistachios to top it off. This dessert is perfect for a special occasion or just a fun night in with your friends.
To make the Coconut Barfi, start by mixing together 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of shredded coconut. Spread the mixture out in an 8×8 inch baking dish and set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of pistachios and ½ cup of sugar. Set this mixture aside as well.
Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the remaining ½ cup of sugar on top of the shredded coconut in the baking dish. Spread the pistachios over top of that, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with whipped cream on top if desired. Enjoy!
Optional Ingredients for Coconut Barfi
To make Coconut Barfi, you will need:
-1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup whole milk
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating:
-8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
-1 tablespoon unsalted butter
-1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine shredded coconut, sugar, and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, or until Coconut Barfi is golden brown and firm to the touch.
3. Let Coconut Barfi cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cutting board to cool completely.
4. To make the chocolate coating, place bittersweet chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding corn syrup. Drizzle Chocolate Coating over Coconut Barfi and leave to set. 5. Cut Coconut Barfi into large bars, and serve.Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
If you love coconut, then you will love this coconut barfi recipe! It is a simple and easy to make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. You can make it for your own enjoyment, or to give as a gift to someone special.
This barfi is made from only a few simple ingredients and can be put together in just minutes. The best part is that it is so delicious and addictive that you will probably never want to share it!
-1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/4 cup melted butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 egg white
-pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine shredded coconut, sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and egg white. Stir until well combined. Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm golden brown in color. Allow to cool before serving. Makes 12-15 pieces. Notes: *This recipe will keep well in an airtight container for about 1 week. You can also store it in the freezer to make it last longer.
If you’re a fan of coconut desserts, then this recipe for Coconut Barfi is definitely for you. Not only is the end result delicious, but it’s also easy to make and can be made in a short amount of time. If you’re looking for an impressive dessert to serve at your next party or get-together, then this Coconut Barfi recipe is definitely worth trying out!