Nothing is better than relaxing your mind and body with a nice foot massage. In Ayurveda, an effective treatment for ailments like numb feet, stress, poor vision, and poor blood circulation is Padabhyanga. It is a kind of foot massage technique or foot therapy that can help maintain your overall health.
Here’s what our expert Dr Nidhi Dagar, Chaudhary Braham Praksha Ayurvedic Charak Sansthanhas to say about the amazing benefits of this foot therapy.
What is Padabhyanga?
Padabhyanga is a religious and holistic therapy for effective psychosomatic healing. Padabhyanga, or applying oil to the feet and then giving them a massage, is a common practice. It can be performed by using various techniques like Kasa bowl, marma therapy, or hand techniques.
Also Read: 5 Best Oils For Baby Massage To Strengthen Their Bones
Benefits Of Padabhyanga
Padabhyanga is beneficial in treating many diseases and conditions. Some of them are as follows:
- It helps alleviate leg and foot stiffness, dryness, and numbness. In addition, it provides stability to the feet and limbs.
- Another benefit of this therapy is that it aids in the enhancement of hearing and vision.
- It can also prevent or cure a health condition known as sciatica, as it enhances your body’s blood circulation. Furthermore, it also improves peripheral circulation in your body.
- It prevents foot conditions and eases foot muscles, ligaments, and vessels from contracting. Moreover, it prevents your feet from developing cracks and keeps them healthy.
- It is ideal for reducing stress and keeping your mind relaxed and calm.
- It promotes your sleep quality, helps remove fatigue from your body, and cures headaches.
- It improves metabolism and prevents the onset of degeneration.
What Are The Conditions Treated By Padabhyanga
- It is claimed that Padabhyanga can holistically treat some of the health conditions such as:
- It can help treat hypertension and diabetic neuropathy.
- It can prevent insomnia and help fight anxiety and depression.
- It also helps in treating epilepsy with time.
- It can heal cramps and sprains and help you to get rid of numbness in the feet and legs.
- It helps to treat roughness and cracking of the feet
Dr Dagar explained that the main aim of Ayurveda is Swasthya Swasthya Rakshanam, which means preservation of health. She added that Ayurveda puts more stress on preserving health and curing disease. It is essential to practice dinacharya, as a means of preventing various diseases in order to achieve improved physical and mental health. Dincharya means the daily routine profile that explains all the routine works from early rising to bowel clearance habits, washing of face, teeth brushing and going to bed with proper procedure. But now, in this present era, it is difficult to perform all the activities of dinacharya in a single day due to lack of time and interest. Hence, one can practice therapies like Padabhyangam to reap such benefits.
You can get relief in your entire body through Padabhyanga, which can be practiced on a daily basis. It can improve your body’s blood circulation and nurture many benefits. However, one should refrain from it when suffering from fever, cold, blood infections, indigestion, or abnormal skin condition.