Coconut Oil Makes Healthy And Nourishing Wraps
Coconut oil isn’t just a healthy alternative to other oils, it can also make your wraps as delicious as they are healthy! Read this article to find out more about the health benefits of coconut oil and how you can start using it today.
What is the Coconut Oil Wrap?
The coconut oil wrap is a healthy and nourishing meal that can be eaten as a snack or as part of a meal. Coconut oil has many health benefits, including being beneficial for the skin, hair, and nails. The wrap is made by combining shredded vegetables, such as carrots and cucumbers, with coconut oil. This mixture is then wrapped in a tortilla or piece of bread and placed in the oven to cook. Why wrap your food in tortillas? Wrapping foods in a tortilla creates a perfect and easy to eat, nutritionally rich, and filling meal. The tortilla wraps allow you to add or subtract ingredients according to your preference. You are able to include the healthiest of foods without worrying about which nutrients are missing from each meal.
How long does it take to make these wraps? It takes about 15 minutes for the coconut oil wrap to cook in the oven, which is significantly faster than most other meals. I included this recipe in my fast-cooking eBook because it is so quick and simple to prepare that even busy people can have a healthy, delicious meal on their schedule every day! However, if you would like to prepare this meal ahead of time, you can cook the wraps in a large skillet or on top of the stove over medium heat for about 15 minutes, and then wrap until cold. You can also purchase pre-made tortilla wraps from the freezer section at large supermarkets or from online grocery retailers.
Pros and Cons of this invention
Coconut oil is a healthy and nourishing wrap material. It is high in saturated fat, but it also contains medium-chain fatty acids, which are beneficial for the body. Coconut oil has been shown to improve heart health, regulate blood sugar levels, and promote weight loss. However, it should not be used as a regular wrap material because of its high saturated fat content. Reducing the amount of saturated fat in your diet is one of the most important goals for heart health, and it should not be replaced with coconut oil.
How to Store the Wrap
Coconut oil makes delicious and healthy wraps that can be enjoyed at any time. Store the wrap in an airtight container to keep it fresh. When you are ready to prepare your wrap, simply place a piece of wax paper or parchment on the cutting board. Using an electric knife, slice the wrap into small strips and spread them out over the surface of the paper. Roll away from yourself until completely covered. Once your wrap is rolled up tightly, fold it in half and tuck in end into roll. Repeat this procedure for all of your wraps.
How to Eat the Wrap. The best way to enjoy coconut wraps is without a fork and with your hands! Just take one end of the roll up between your thumb and forefinger and twist it open. Take a bite with your mouth closed, keeping fingers in front of lips to protect teeth from any soft ingredients such as avocado, and then tuck in end of the wrap into your mouth. When finished, place wrap on plate and enjoy!The food safety measures and precautions provided in this recipe can help prevent cross contamination. However, because this is a handmade product, there may be instances where cross contamination may occur. Cross contamination results from uncooked products that were handled by others or through the temperature abuse of leaving them out for extended periods of time. Cross contamination can result in illness as well as possible health risks to children who could not eat potentially hazardous foods due to illness.
To minimize risk, follow these guidelines:Remove all uncooked foods from buffet tables.Carefully wash hands with soap and water after handling any cooked or prepared food (especially before eating).Wash cutting boards or other surface where foods are cut or prepared in hot soapy water often. Be careful not to use too much soap or scrub the board with a rough sponge.Wash hands as soon as possible after handling uncooked meats, raw produce, cheese and other food items that may have been handled by others.Keep all produce refrigerated at home and do not leave it out for long periods of time, especially when shopping for it.
If you must serve salads and vegetables from the salad bar, take care to avoid cross contamination due to contaminated equipment.If you need more than one salad service, it is best if the salad bars are installed separately instead of sharing one common cooler or refrigerator. Some machines designed to cool multiple stations can be adapted for this purpose.If the salad bar machine is not equipped with an individual door at each station, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after using it.Wash all equipment in the machine as well as any produce cutters and prep tables off with a sanitizing solution.Keep these areas clean so that others can have access to them without being exposed to illness.Place a sign on the wall stating that no food or drink should be consumed on site. You may also want to include this information in the rules of your facility.Make sure there are no contaminated surfaces near any salad bar equipment or station and keep them clean and free from dust at all times.By following these simple precautions, you will be able to prevent cross contamination, which can lead to the spread of food borne illnesses, such as e. coli or salmonella infections.
Coconut oil has been used as a healthy and nourishing wrap for years. Here are some alternative uses for this versatile oil:
-Massage coconut oil onto your feet to help improve circulation and relieve pain.
-Apply coconut oil to your hair to keep it healthy and shiny.
-Wrap a piece of coconut oil around your neck to reduce inflammation and improve sleep quality. Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil. There are so many health benefits of coconut oil. Some people use it on their hair and skin to promote healthy growth, while others use it as a massage oil. This is one of the most versatile oils in the world and can be used for many purposes such as cooking, cosmetics and even as a beauty product.
How Much Coconut Oil Should You Eat? I would say that you should be able to eat about 3 tablespoons (or 40 grams) of coconut oil each day without any ill effects. The amount you consume will depend on your age and diet, but try to aim for this amount and see if anything changes in your life. Coconut oil has been proven to have very positive effects on both digestion and the immune system, so if you’re looking for a natural supplement that can support your body and keep it healthy, coconut oil is an effective option.
The only problem is that Coconut Oil is VERY ADDICTING ! Before I knew the health benefits of coconut oil, I would eat a tablespoon or 2 each day as it was recommended for weight loss (it worked). After finding out about its healing and other uses, though, I feel guilty having it as a treat! In fact, all my friends who have started using it have raved to me about how much better they feel after using it. So instead of eating treats all the time, we now use coconut oil like a crutch. It’s important to be careful with coconut oil and not use it in large amounts, as it can cause your body to store fat and stop using energy.
Coconut oil is a great option for a daily supplement and also has many other applications. It’s one of the world’s most versatile oils! Take a look:
Coconut Oil Uses & Benefits:
1. Cooking: Coconut oil is perfect for cooking (and baking) because of its high smoke point. It burns before the other oils found in the standard kitchen cabinet, making it ideal for sautéing or frying food. The smell doesn’t affect the flavor because it has no taste but will make your food taste fantastic! Coconut oil even has healthy amounts of beneficial vitamins and minerals!
2. Beauty: Coconut oil is one of the most moisturizing oils out there, perfect for dry skin. It produces a soft, silky smooth feel on your skin without leaving it oily. Coconut oil also has antibacterial properties that help fight off bacteria on cuts and scrapes from shaving or razors. It’s great when used as a shaving cream!
3. Healthy Hair: Coconut oil leaves hair soft, shiny, healthy and strong; it can even be used as an alternative to conditioner if you have a hard time washing your hair due to allergies or certain hair types.
4. Moisturizing Skin: Like coconut milk, coconut oil provides moisture and nourishment to your skin without clogging pores. It’s also a natural deodorant so smell less and your armpits will no longer itch!
5. Toothpaste: Coconut oil can be used as an alternative to toothpaste because it softens the gums and removes plaque. It’s antimicrobial properties make it great for teeth as well.
6. Grease-less Oven Cleaning: Toss out those harsh oven cleaners and coconut oil is your new best friend to clean up that stove top or oven!
7. Face Mask: Even though coconut oil isn’t moisturizing, it works like magic on damaged skin; try mixing equal amounts of coconut oil and honey for a face mask that attracts toxins from the skin, then wash it off.
8. Natural Moisturizer: Coconut oil can be used in place of lotion as an alternative to keep skin smooth and youthful, it also makes a great natural moisturizer for chapped lips and skin that needs extra hydration.
9. Fabric Softener: Add coconut oil to your laundry to soften up your clothes naturally!
10. Shaving Cream: Coconut oil is another shaving cream alternative because of its antimicrobial properties and nourishing benefits on the skin; try mixing equal amounts of coconut oil with shea butter or jojoba oil for a face shaving cream that will soften up the skin, provide moisture with vitamin E, and eliminate bacteria from the razor blade!
11. Chapped Lips: Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and apply to the lips. This will help shrink up the swollen area and relieve pain!
12. Hair Conditioner: Pour coconut oil over your hair after shampooing, but only if you have dry, damaged hair. Rub coconut oil into your hair and rinse it out with cold water; this technique is said to reduce breakage while eliminating frizz and preventing tangles. Coconut oil is also a great treatment for dry and brittle hair because of its ability to penetrate the cortex of the hair shaft, where most protein is stored.
13. Baby Oil: Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into your hands, rub together, then carefully massage over your baby’s diaper area for extra moisture.
Wraps can be a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy your food. However, many people are hesitant to eat wraps because they are afraid of the oils inside them. Fortunately, coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils around and it can be used to make nourishing wraps that will keep you feeling full for longer. Give these recipes a try the next time you want to enjoy a healthy snack or meal.